Why an integrated solution with Microsoft® DNS&DHCP services?
Microsoft Windows® DNS and DHCP services are very widespread in the network services area and are integrated with other Microsoft's IT applications and services, such as Active Directory. New applications and services require not only the dynamic allocation of IP addresses, but also the dynamic registration of associated DNS hostnames. DNS and DHCP services are now inextricably linked and the delivery of Network Services is now seen as a commodity. Many customers are using Microsoft technology and are not willing to change. Now those customers are facing different challenges:
- The necessity to centrally manage the administration of DNS and DHCP usage in network infrastructures in order to have the highest level of service availability and quali ty where Microsoft solution only offers a server by server approach.
- The necessity to integrate DNS and DHCP services with the IP plan for deployment consistency. DNS and DHCP services rely directly upon the IP plan organization and integrating them in the IP plan is the only way to eliminate all risks of double IP address allocations or DHCP scope overlaps.
What are the benefits of IPAM for Microsoft® DNS&DHCP services?
With these facts in mind, EfficientIP has adapted its products to the Microsoft environment and for Microsoft DNS and DHCP users. Thus, SOLIDserver™ is able to manage Microsoft's DNS and DHCP servers and is fully interfaced with Microsoft Active Directory® (AD). EfficientIP’s IPAM solution is directly connected on original Microsoft DNS and DHCP servers in order to manage them from a centralized database.
- Centralized Management of Services instead of server by server approach.
- Unified IPAM-DNS-DHCP visibility and control for a global management.
- Advanced task automation to improve your Service Level Agreement and cut costs.
- Easy import of data from Microsoft® DNS/DHCP servers to SOLIDservers™ central repository.
- Advanced Disaster Recovery Mechanisms to increase service availability.
- Microsoft® Network Services Improvements:
- Resolution of Search list issues with multiple domains.
- Naming Protection.
- Automated Split scope DHCP management.
- Scavenging Mechanism Optimization.
Microsoft® Independent Software Vendor Certification
EfficientIP is a Microsoft® certified Independent Software Vendor. This certification implies that EfficientIP technology has been tested, validated and certified by Microsoft®'s teams as compatible with Microsoft® Technologies.
EfficientIP's solutions can handle all DNS and DHCP records and secure protocols used by Microsoft® in order to remotely configure and monitor Microsoft® DNS and DHCP services. These protocols are based on strong authentications, and integrate the components of the Active Directory architecture and Domain Controllers (DC).